SayHired (Mountain View, CA) - 2009-present
Technology platform for automating phone conversations and analysis
YourTourBook (Sunnyvale, CA) - 2008-2009
- As Co-Founder & CTO, built the product from scratch, juggling every product-related responsibility.
Online travel planning startup
Trovix (Mountain View, CA) - 2006-2007
- As Founder, performed market research, strategy planning, recruiting, and product design & development.
Job search startup
Chaoticom.com (now Groove Mobile; Andover, MA) - 2004
- As Senior Product Manager, led the creation of the consumer product within a company formerly focused exclusively on enterprise.
- Worked with cross-functional teams and prospective end users to iterate through and improve upon various strategic, operational, and design decisions. Articulated and defended product vision, and continued to align and develop product features through to the beta launch.
- To ensure a relevant, timely, and on-budget launch, performed competitive analysis, held usability studies, investigated third party vendors, and consulted on customer acquisition strategies.
- Helped to build and inspire the team by bringing in a unique consumer world perspective, increasing inter-departmental communication, recruiting and mentoring, as well as setting appropriate goals, schedules, and incentives.
Mobile digital music platform startup
Online Business and Technology - 1995-2003
- As Director of Operations, ensured uninterrupted supply of content to the customers by negotiating with music labels and other third parties, instituting process optimization, hiring and motivating employees.
- Brought in a customer focus by running several international market and usability studies.
- Quadrupled the output of my department and cut the cost in half.
- As part of senior management team, made strategic and tactical recommendations.
Independent (Philadelphia, PA; Providence, RI)
Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) 2002
- Launched, managed and contributed to projects in over 40 e-commerce and non-profit web sites.
- Participated in the development of the first Russian online advertising network.
- Award-winning work was featured in the Russian and Ukrainian media; selected into "Top 50 Who's Who in the Russian Internet".
Leading e-commerce company
RI.gov (Providence, RI) 2001
- Evaluated strategies to measure and optimize the performance of the cross-departmental project.
- Took initiative to streamline the peer review process.
Aces Technologies (Providence, RI) 2000
- Led all front-end collaborative efforts to create RI state government portal, including formulation of strategy, information and user interface design, web design, programming, database design, and copy editing.
- Defined and developed customer-facing features to appeal to various segments of the site's visitors.
- Reported progress and prospects to state officials.
- Created several support systems for the staff to increase efficiency.
Insurance claim adjustment ASP
Half.com (now by eBay; Philadelphia, PA) - 1999-2000
- Persuaded management to develop a self-administration and reporting system to decrease customer service requests by 30%.
- Mentored other developers to foster stronger customer focus.
- Developed scalable features to increase product's appeal to major clients.
E-commerce startup then
CDnow.com (Philadelphia, PA) - 1998-1999
- As part of the initial team under aggressive schedule, played a key role in defining, designing, and implementing site architecture, user interface, and graphical and technological solutions. As a result, Half.com became fastest growing e-commerce company, later acquired by eBay.
- Took initiative to oversee the user-centric web development, emphasizing brand consistency in design and interactions; the resulting interface became a significant factor in customer retention.
- Advised and motivated employees.
- Actively contributed solutions to urgent business, marketing, operational, and personnel problems. Top performance was rewarded by two salary raises and bonus stock option grants.
- Initiated code stabilization processes that resulted in up to 70% performance increase.
Leading online music company then
- Managed the website internationalization initiative.
- As part of a team, launched large-scale projects, such as the gift center, music newsletter, and MTV awards section.